Monday, October 10, 2011

Lesson Learned



Just the other day, I learned a lesson. You see I wanted to take Jude to a playground. We got in the car and started our 15 minute ride to the best playground in the area. I even told him where we were going. However, he started to get impatient. He whined. He kicked. He whined some more. He forgot that good was in store. While listening to his whining, I realized that I am just like him.


I saw this verse on my dashboard: "I will make with them an everlasting covenant, that I will not turn away from doing good to them. And I will put the fear of me in their hearts, that they may not turn from me. (the Lord)"


God has good in store for me. God's intention toward me are good. His plans for me are good. His love and care for me is good. He does not change, He is always good and His ways are always good.


However, I get impatient and whine and complain. Jude, well, he didn't learn this lesson this day, he whined until he saw the playground, then he squealed. For myself, I have been pondering on this thought since then. I just wondered what things are around the corner that God wants to give me? I can rest knowing that it will be good. I hope I squeal too!

1 comment:

  1. Good analogy, Meg! And, I LOVE the new pic on your blog. Gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete