Saturday, March 8, 2014

Motherhood: a season of giving and receiving

I am a mother of 2 active little boys (age 4 and 20 months).  It is a very exhausting season yet full of life, energy and chaos.  I describe it as:  sleepless nights and early mornings, whiny children and lots of giggles, spills and messes, temper tantrums and full out anger explosions, tickles and giggles, pitter Pater of feet and random Cheerios on the floor, defiant attitudes and direct disobedience, kids music and the Wild Kratts, cold coffee never finished, running, jumping, and a sigh as I sit on the couch when the kids are finally asleep with a full heart of love for them.

The days are sometimes long but the weeks fly bye.  these little people are a lot of work and yet we long to have more of them. 

This has definitely been the hardest season of my life.  Probably because these little ones require constant giving of time, love, energy, correction, more love, grace, more tickles and lots of food. 

Today I read James 1 with the scope of motherhood in mind.  It sure was encouraging.

"Consider it PURE JOY, mothers of little ones, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance.  Perseverance must finish its work so that you my be mature and complete, not lacking anything.  If any of. You lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him."

My days are full of trials. I am in need of becoming mature in complete in love, patience, forgiveness, grace.  I am in need of God.  And that is what I found here. 

Joy in my trials of motherhood because as I humble myself under His guidance He will lead me. 

What hope in this season.  My new definition of Motherhood:  A season of constant giving yet a season of Constant receiving. 




No comments:

Post a Comment