Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Needing each other to grow

This past week I have been so thankful for 2 boys.  They need each other and I need them. 

In making my point, let me give you a little background on my sons.  Jude is a very clever boy, almost 4.  He is very practical and likes to plan out our days. He loves his bike and uses any toy as a weapon.  He is more serious and straight forward, meaning he has a hard time pretending.  In fact, he said to me one day at the park, "Mom, those kids keep saying this playground equipment is a rocket ship.  It's not!!!  It's a slide.".  The only thing he pretends at is a game called "sea monster" where we chase him and tickle him.

Then along comes Elijah.  He is 22 months, a climber, explorer, a snuggler and a giggle-er.  He loves boys, trucks, and being outside.  He is a second born and learns everything from Jude.  He in fact has just learned to climb out of the crib as he watched a tutorial from Jude.  He is also studying how Jude gets on his new bike.

I never could have anticipated as a parent that our kids need each other, just like I need them.  Elijah is good for Jude as he helps Jude be silly and less serious.  He helps Jude learn how to snuggle or give a hug with arms.  He helps Jude giggle.  We need Elijah.  And Jude is good for me.  He helps me grow in speaking with warmth in giving instruction, or patience in being persistent.  Jude helps me slow down and enjoy days at home. 

I need these boys and they need each other.  I just wonder if we add another to the mix how he or she will help us. 


No comments:

Post a Comment